How To Get A Hunting License In NY
If you are wondering how to get a hunting license in NY, you have come to the right place. Getting a hunting license in New York is not as quick and easy as in many other states, but it is not difficult either. Here are the materials and information that you need to get a hunting license in New York. Once you gather the necessary materials, it is time to move forward and get your hunting license.
To get a hunting license in New York, you will need:
- A hunter's safety certification or proof of previously having a hunting license.
- Proof of bow hunter education (if bow hunting)
- Your personal identification information
- Take the required materials to a license issuing agent located in numerous places across New York. You can also log on to the Department of Environmental Conservation's website to purchase the license online. The website offers a lot of information on other related activities, such as fishing, and also includes an option to search for license issuing agents using the internet.
- A New York hunting license may also be purchased by mail, and the website lists this address as well. If you have waited until the last minute, it is best to buy the license from an agent, as a license purchased online or by mail may take two weeks to arrive.
Getting a hunting license in New York is not as difficult or complicated as you might think, as long as you are prepared with the right information.