Need to know how to get a hunting license in Texas? If you are going to Texas on a hunting trip, you will want first contact the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD); keep in mind that some commercial licenses are available only at law enforcement offices or the TPWD Austin headquarters, though recreational hunting licenses are available at all TPWD parks and offices.
In addition, you can attain a Texas hunting license at nearly 2,000 locations throughout the state, including sporting goods stores, gun shops, discount stores, and grocery stores. If you would like a hunting license and you are not in Texas, hunters may purchase hunting licenses by phone or through the Internet with approved credit cards. An online order is the easiest way to get a hunting license in Texas. Many licenses are available for immediate use, unless tagging is required (deer and turkey, for instance).
How To Get A Hunting License In Texas:
- Visit the Texas Parks and Wildlife website.
- Access the "Hunting and Wildlife" section. The TPWD home page contains a menu for six different sections of the website. Locate the "Hunting and Wildlife" section near the middle of the page, and select the title or icon to access the hunting section.
- Access the "Licenses" section. The "Hunting and Wildlife" section contains hunting FAQs and information about hunting licenses, hunter education, and wildlife management. To apply for a hunting license, select "licenses" from the menu in the middle of the page.
- Read "General License Information." This section describes all available public hunting licenses and fees in the state of Texas. From "Where to Get Information and Licenses," select "Buy licenses online." Then choose "Purchase Licenses, Permits, or Entries Online."
- Access the "Texas License Connection." Use this online tool to place an order for a hunting license. The customer’s computer must use Internet Explorer version 6 (or higher) or Firefox 1 (or higher). Use a valid credit card to make the purchase. Five dollars (shipping and handling) will be added for each transaction, in addition to the hunting license cost.
- Follow instructions to complete the purchase. New customers must fill out a registration form that includes personal information, residence address, mailing address, and physical characteristics. Return customers complete an abbreviated form with recorded information from the licensee database. Follow all instructional steps to complete the purchase and receive a confirmation by email. Hunting license orders may be cancelled up until midnight on the day of purchase.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?