Learning how to get ink out of a polyester suede jacket can be annoying, but it's not impossible. Polyester and suede fabrics blended together make a beautiful garment, but just like any other fabric, it stains. Ink stains set in pretty quick, but with a little bit of patience you can get the ink stain out of your polyester suede jacket for sure.
To get ink out of a polyester suede jacket you will need:
- Clean cloths
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Suede brush
- Blot out the wet ink first. If you catch the ink quickly, you can keep most of it from setting into the polyester suede jacket. Take a dry clean cloth and blot the ink off the jacket as best as possible. Use a clean section of the cloth each time you blot the ink so you don't transfer more in to other areas of the polyester suede jacket.
- Choose a good stain lifter. Because the jacket is a suede blended with polyester you have a couple of options to remove the ink stain. White vinegar, rubbing alcohol and hairspray are great for getting ink out of fabric. All three products are very inexpensive and you may already have them around the house.
- Dampen a clean cloth with either white vinegar or rubbing alcohol. Lay your polyester suede jacket out flat with the ink stain side up. Using a little pressure in your hand, blot the ink until you see it come out of the polyester suede jacket. The ink should lift fairly quickly from the garment.
- Spray some hairspray on the ink. The main ingredient in hairspray is alcohol. This will lift the ink stain right off the polyester suede jacket. Just let it set for a few minutes and watch the hairspray work.
- Dampen another clean cloth with cool water. Heat helps set stains, so you want the water to be cool. Any remaining ink or residue from a cleaning product can now be wiped off the polyester suede jacket. This step is necessary so that there is no discoloration to the fabric.
- Dry the area with a clean cloth. There will be a wet spot on the polyester suede jacket after cleaning it. Take a dry clean cloth and pat dry the spot where the ink was until it is dry. Water can leave a dark spot or a water ring in fabrics containing suede. Make sure to dry the spot thoroughly.
- Brush your polyester suede jacket. After cleaning a suede fabric, you will have a flat spot. To regain the soft nap that suede has you have to brush your polyester suede jacket after the material is dry. You can get a suede brush anywhere they sell suede for a very low price.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.