How To Get Internet On PS3
In today's gaming world, it's no longer much fun to just sit in your basement and play video games by yourself, so stop trying to play "Gears of War" in single player mode and learn how to get internet on the PS3. The Playstation 3, or PS3 as it is more commonly known, is more than just a gaming console. Sure, the system can play games, Blu-Ray DVDs and audio CDs, but the power of the system only truly comes out when you get onto the Internet on the PS3. With an internet connection, you can play multiplayer games, download movies and even browse the Internet, all from your PS3.
Things You Will Need:
- Network Cable (for wired connection)
- Internet Connection
- Plug one end of the network cable into the back of your PS3, and the other into an open port on your router. Your router should be connected to your modem and you should already be able to access the Internet through the router. You can skip this if you are setting up a wireless connection.
- Turn on your PS3.
- Scroll to the "Settings" option, which looks like a toolbox and press the "X" button.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the list and select "Network Settings."
- Choose "Internet Connection Settings" form the list. And press "X" to get past the next screen.
- Select "Easy," and then "Wired Connection" or "Wireless Connection."
- Scroll to the right and enter any security keys that are required to connect to your router. When you are done the PS3 will search for the connection, and if it find it, it will list the settings on the screen.
- Press "X" to save the settings. Then press "X" again to test the Internet connection on the PS3.