How To Get Internet Through Cable Television
Need to know how to get internet through cable television? The reason you are here is because you are thinking about making cable television your new Internet provider. Like any newbie looking to switch internet providers, the entire process can be overwhelming and confusing. Fear not though, we are here to help you on how to get internet through cable television.
- Before calling your cable provider, check online and make sure they are not having any online deals, before you order your new Internet service over the phone. Usually cable has promotions for those who are looking to get cable television as their Internet provider right online, and these same promotions are usually never offered over the phone.
- Hook up the modem. The modem is a small black box that cable television will send to you. You can also drive to your nearest cable office and pick one up for faster use. The modem is simple to hook up. You simply attach the cable wire to the back of the modem into the long screw that sticks out of the back of the modem. You may need a cable splitter if your cable wire is attached to the back of the Television.
- If you need a cable splitter, it can be purchased just about anywhere electronics are sold, and they are very inexpensive.
- Plug the modem in and power the unit on. An included wall plug will plug directly into your wall, or a power surge protector. This powers on the modem.
- Get an Ethernet cable. Run the Ethernet cable from the back of the modem, into the back of your computer.
It's just that simple. Now you can power on your PC, and begin to surf the web.