Do you want to get a job in advertising? Advertising is an exciting career field where people use creative ways to persuade consumers to buy products or try a specific service. Getting a job in advertising sometimes requires a college degree.
- Apply to a college that offers an advertising program. Many colleges around the U.S. offer degrees in advertising. The programs usually lead to a bachelor's degree. You also have the option of earning a master's degree in the field in order to get a job in advertising.
- While enrolled in an advertising degree program, make sure you take additional courses that make you a well-rounded advertising professional. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, students longing to get a job in advertising should take classes in statistics, economics, business law, accounting and other subjects relating to the business world
- While enrolled in the degree program, seek out internship opportunities in order to get a job in advertising. Working as an intern for an advertising agency will provide you with hands-on experience in the advertising field. You will have the opportunity to apply textbook knowledge to the real world. You may make valuable connections that can help you get a job in advertising in the future.
- A few semesters before graduation, visit your school's career center. The career center can help you locate potential opportunities that may help you get a job in advertising.
- If you have not landed an advertising job before graduation, begin calling advertising agencies in order to see if they are hiring entry-level employees. If the agencies are not hiring, try to set up informational interviews. These interviews are designed to help you gather information about a particular company or job. This also permits you to introduce yourself to hiring managers so they can consider you for any future openings with the company.
I've noticed a huge influx in TV advertising as the winter season approaches. Not sure if there's a real correlation her ...
Signing up with Uncle Sam and serving your country is a big commitment, but it can also provide big opportunities. Somet ...
Here's the timeline of events: 1.) In 2006, Apple creates the 'Mac Vs. PC' ad series. It becomes wildly popular for maki ...