How To Get Katana In Halo 3
Learning how to get Katana in "Halo 3" is a much easier process than obtaining the Recon armor, although prior to the Recon armor it was the most difficult piece of armor to obtain. Recent updates have made it a bit easier to obtain this armor, which is essentially a Hayabusa chest plate with a decorative katana on the back of the armor. Add this armor to your growing repertoire of rare and awesome Halo 3 armor with the following instructions.
To obtain the Katana, you’ll need:
- Working Xbox 360 console
- Xbox Live Gold membership
- Halo 3 video game
- Unlock 49 out of 79 achievements in Halo 3. It doesn’t matter which achievements you unlock in "Halo 3", just as long as they are completed. The achievements are accessible via the Xbox Live dashboard and you can track the number of achievements you’ve completed so far without leaving the game.
- Achieve 1000 or more gamerpoints. The 49 achievements you’ve completed in "Halo 3" should be worth 1000 gamerpoints. You’ll be able to keep track of your gamerscore via the Xbox Live dashboard.
- Select the Katana body. Press the “Start” button on your Xbox 360 controller and select “Settings”. Select “Appearance” and then select “Armor” to access the armor menu. Select “Body” and scroll through the choices until you see the Katana body. Finalize your selection and exit the menu.
- Play "Halo 3" with the Katana armor equipped. If you don’t initially see the katana, try to unlock one or two more achievements. This is due to a glitch in the armor that will cause it to appear and disappear until the extra achievements “unglitch” the armor and allow it to be used. Unfortunately, the katana itself is a non-usable piece of equipment, but at least it looks very cool.