It’s not that hard to find ways to get LAN on Starcraft 2. Every Tom, Dick and Harry who is into games like Starcraft 2 would love pitching each other into the gaming arena through a Local Area Network or LAN. Unfortunately, Blizzard issued a “no go” on Starcraft 2 LAN which pissed off a lot of gamers. However, a hardline method offers a bit of tweaking here and there to have that LAN on Starcraft 2 up and running over two computers. Getting itchy to try LAN on Starcraft 2? Here are the steps:
- Prepare the necessary hardware. In order to properly setup LAN on StartCraft 2 you need to have two computers, two Ethernet crossover cables, and a modem/router. Take note that a regular Ethernet cable will not work on this tweak.
- Connect your two computers. It is important that you use an Ethernet crossover cable to do this as a regular patch cable will not work for this purpose. An Ethernet crossover cable connects two computers to a single IP address, thus “confusing’ the game into recognizing your computers as a single entity. Plug this cable into the spot where you plug your internet into your computers, and then plug the other end into the modem/router.
- Set your IP address on the first computer. Remember to use the TCP/IP protocol and not the IPX. To do this, open your “Network Connections” folder in the Control Panel. Right click your connection and select “Properties”. Scroll down to the “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and click on “Properties”. Set IP address of the first computer by selecting “Use the following IP address.” IP addresses can be anything you want them to be as long as the first three segments are “192.168.0.” Thus all you need to change is the last segment whose value can be anywhere between 0 and 255. The subnet mask is automatically assigned. But just in case, the subnet mask should be “255.255.255.0”.
- Repeat the steps on the other computer. Set the IP address of the second computer following the same procedure above, making sure that you type in the same information that you used on the first computer. Save the changes you made and close all dialog boxes.
- Start Starcraft 2 and host a game using Local Area Network (UDP). To do this, boot the game and select connection. Scroll down to “Local Area Network (UDP)” and select it. If you are unable to find it, you might need to patch your game to the latest version. Once you have the latest patch you will be able to play LAN on Startcraft 2 without any problems.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …