Need to know how to get Lollapalooza tickets? Chicago's Lollapalooza three-day music festival happens every first weekend in August at Grant Park (337 E. Randolph St.). The festival provides ground breaking performers every year so make sure to know how to get Lollapalooza tickets before it sells out.
To get Lollapalooza tickets, you will need:
- Computer/Internet access
- Valid credit card
- Access to a printer
Box office address: 331 E. Randolph Street Chicago, IL 60601
Know when tickets go on sale. The early bird $175 three-day passes for Lollapalooza sell out fast despite going on sale before any artists are announced. The next batch of tickets will be advance three-day pass which go on sale sometime in the spring.
- Review line-up. When reviewing Lollapalooza's line-up make sure to see which artist/band is playing each date. After reviewing the official schedule determine which dates you want to see. Single day and three-day passes are sold, so why waste money on a three-day pass if only one date looks promising to your musical taste.
- Know ticket options. Along with single day and three day passes Lollapalooza offers Lolla lounge VIP passes. Perks of being VIP include, catered food servings all day, viewing platforms of the main stages, golf cart shuttles between stages, daily gourmet happy hour and much more. Another option is having your own private air conditioned VIP Cabana which holds 25-45 people.
- Purchase tickets. Tickets should be bought quickly because Lollapalooza does sell out. Tickets can be purchased online at the official Lollapalooza website.
- Shipping. Two options for shipping include UPS mail and PrintPass. UPS orders ship in July which arrives in a UPS envelope so no signature is required, but it has a service cost. PrintPass has no service charge and can be printed from home. Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 will be needed to download and print your PrintPass tickets.
- Internet. If all else fails and Lollapalooza tickets sell out look for online merchants and ticket agencies selling tickets on the internet. Do not assume you'll locate discounted tickets online. Ticket prices are usually inflated, so purchase tickets early to avoid frustration.
- Plan ahead next year. Planning on going to Lollapalooza next year then get a jump start on purchasing tickets and keep a watch out for early special of $60 three day weekend passes that go on sale only days after the current Lollapalooza ends. Limited tickets are sold at that price, but you could be lucky enough to snag the cheapest Lollapalooza tickets out there.
Source: Lollapalooza Ticket Information