How To Get The Love Of Your Life Back
Are you stumped about how to get the love of your life back? When true love is gone, you might be wondering how to get the girl of your dreams back into your arms. If you're a brave soul, willing to swallow your pride, and possibly eat some crow, you might be able to reconcile the relationship.
- Time. The amount of time that's passed may determine how easy (or not) it is to get your girl back. Was this someone you knew in high school or college? How long ago did you see her? Was this a significant relationship that lasted for a long time? Did you break up in the last six months? Time heals all wounds, so if a few months have passed since the break up, the time away can be an advantage. Trying to force a reconciliation too soon adds heat to the fire. You don't want to approach her if the issue is still negatively charged.
- Find her. If it's been years, you might have to find her. This can be a daunting task when getting the love of your life back. With technological advances, it's easier to find people, though you may have to pay for the information. Begin with her family and friends if you don't have her number anymore. If you have email, this is a great way to get your foot in the door.
- The approach. Once you've found the love of your life, how you approach her sets the tone and outcome. You do not want to appear needy or rushed, as this will not get the love of your life back. Let her know you're interested in seeing her and how good it is to establish contact again. Ask her to set a time to get together, but don't force the issue. If she's not interested, ready and willing, this is a clear sign. On the other hand, if she's delighted to see you, go for it!
- Tell the truth. As you and your old flame spend time, be honest. Without being needy or coming across as insecure, tell the love of your life that you want her back. If the break up was your fault, or if you called if off, tell her you're sorry. Explain why you want her back, how things will be different and that you made a mistake. Hopefully, your girl will be receptive to this idea and is missing you as much as you do her.
- Reconciliation. So, the love of your life is ready to be with you again. Great! You've accomplished your mission. Be sure that things are different this time around, and that you both put 100% into the relationship. If you don't make it to this stage, consider it a lesson learned. At least you tried, because putting your heart on the line while being open and honest take a lot of courage. The truth is, there's a reason why our exes are called "old flames" and may be better left in the past.