How To Get Medical Marijuana Card
Knowing how to get a medical marijuana card can be a wonderful way to help relieve the pain associated with several chronic ailments. While freeing many people from prescription drug abuse, medical marijuana cards are actually only available in fourteen states. If you happen to reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington you are in luck. If not, wait until the next election year and go actually vote this time.
To get a medical marijuana card, you will need:
- Medical marijuana evaluation service
- Medical records
- Prescription medications you currently take
- Find a doctor. The first thing you need to do to get a medical marijuana card is to find a doctor. Depending where you live, you will find many services available through various means. The easiest way is to use a search engine and search for ‘marijuana’ or ‘marijuana evaluations’.
- Get organized. When you make your appointment to get a medical marijuana card, you should ask the person helping you what you will need to bring. This varies from state to state but two things you will definitely need are money and your state ID or driver’s license. On the day of your appointment, bring all of your pertinent medical records like MRI's, evaluations, surgery records, etc. Make sure you also bring any medications you currently use.
- Show up. 80% of success is just showing up. Once you see what it is like inside a medical marijuana dispensary, you will notice not everyone limps or looks sick. Most look like baked college kids. So do not feel worried about your medical marijuana evaluation. If you are really sick, the doctor is honestly sympathetic. But if you are not really sick, he also happens to be running an incredibly lucrative business.
- Illness. If you are really sick, medical marijuana is a boon from the gods. If all you are after is the high powered ganja you will need to research some plausible ailments. This is what you wanted to read, eh? The easy ones are depression, insomnia, migraines and back spasm pain. All are hard to prove but you should research the procedures for whichever state you live in. California is going through a green boom and you can get a medical marijuana card for things like seasonal allergies. Other states like Hawaii are pickier.
Tip: The medical marijuana evaluation doctor is running a business. Unless you are a smug little jerk, he will probably work with you to come up with something plausible.