For players on the console version, the question of how to get mods for KOTOR 2 for XBOX has always been asked with envy to their PC counterparts. PC players of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords have enjoyed being able to modify their computer game by adding on cut content and can easily achieve accomplishments that would have been hard to do without them. The problem with trying to mod the console version is the fact that the XBOX is proprietary to that of Microsoft, meaning that a person is not allowed, by law, to change any part of the console that is different from what the owner has purchased. There is no restriction for PC users as their computers are personal and therefore, there own – though the operating system may determine how 'free' your computer is.
So are XBOX owners able to get mods for KOTOR 2 for their XBOX? The answer to that is yes, however some mods may work and some may not and there is of course a trick on doing so.
- First download the mods that you are interested in trying on KOTOR 2 to your desktop. One of the best is that of the KOTOR Tool, which has versions for both the original and that of the sequel of KOTOR.
- Once you have the mods on your desktop, make a data disc with a backup utility software program – like Ahead Nero – and copy the downloaded mods to the disc.
- You can then pop in the disc into your XBOX.
- You can then copy over the files from the disc onto the hard drive of the XBOX, just as you would move them if on your desktop.
- Eject the data disc and place in the KOTOR 2 disc and play!
Modding an XBOX is a tricky and should really only be done by someone who is knowledgeable in modding a video game console or isn't going to mind having to replace the equipment. If it works, you should be able to enjoy some of the mods that PC users enjoy when playing the sequel to one of the best video games ever.