Need to know how to get money back on an unauthorized MasterCard transaction? If you want to get your money back from an unauthorized MasterCard transaction, you need to act fast and contact the proper authorities, or else you risk being in significant debt in the future. When a thief steals your credit card information and uses it to make purchases, you need to contact the card issuer to receive a refund. Credit card companies are likely to work with their clients when they are contacted about fraudulent charges, especially if they are based in the U.S. Here are some tips on how to get your money back from an unauthorized MasterCard transaction.
To get your money back from an unauthorized MasterCard transaction, you need:
- Information on the fraudulent transaction
- The number and security information for the compromised card
- If your MasterCard debit card or credit card has been stolen by a thief, it's probably being utilized for making purchases. Check your credit card or debit card statements frequently. You will not be able to get money back on unauthorized MasterCard transactions if you don't have access to a statement which shows the fraudulent charges. Fortunately, banks keep statements of transactions which affect their operations.
- Call your card issuer on the telephone. When you are trying to get money back on unauthorized MasterCard transactions, first call your card issuer immediately. For example, if you got your credit card through your bank, start by contacting them. Financial institutions which issue MasterCard products investigate fraudulent charges their customers report and distribute refunds appropriately. Use the internet to locate the contact information of the issuer you are doing business with and alert them. Alternatively, your card issuer's information may be on your statement.
- You need to have patience when you want to get money back on unauthorized MasterCard transactions. Once you report the fraudulent charges to the appropriate bank, it could take weeks before your credit card or debit card disputes are confirmed. Depending on the bank's policy, they may refund the money immediately or after they investigate the fraud. Be patient but firm, and make sure to follow up if necessary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.