How To Get Music From An iPod To A Computer
Many users and consumers need to know how to get music from an iPod to a computer. This process has a reputation for being a very difficult task, but recently, Apple has changed the functionality of iTunes and the iPod to make it easier to transfer music from an iPod to a computer. Just know that before you start this, it is the easiest way to transfer songs, and will transfer all songs from your iPod and not just a select few.
To get music from an iPod to a computer you will need:
- An iPod
- A computer
- The iTunes program
- A USB sync cable for iPod/computer
- The first step to transferring your music from your iPod is to connect your iPod to your computer. You do this by connect the longer end of the cable to the bottom of your ipod, and the USB end into a USB port of your computer. This may automatically start iTunes depending on your settings.
- If step one didn’t automatically start your iPod with iTunes, then you will need to do it manually. Initiate the program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop. If you are using a PC it may take a few seconds to start up.
- The next step is to click the file button on the top left of the screen. From the drop down list you will want to choose the option "transfer purchases from iPod." This will start the process of transferring your music from your iPod to your computer and iTunes.
- Follow the onscreen prompts. These will differ slightly for the different types of iPods and after you are done, all of your songs on your iPod will be in your iTunes account and on your computer.