Here are some tips on how to get the musty smell out of your suitcase. After a business trip or a vacation, you might be left with a unpleasant musty smell in your suitcase due to wet clothes, stinky sneakers, or something that may have spilled in transit. Do not despair. Here are some easy ways to get the musty smell out of your suitcase without hurting your pocket or having to buy a new set of luggage.
- Buy a small bag of charcoal, like the kind used for barbecues. Cut the bag open and set it in the suitcase. Close the suitcase and leave it for a week. Be sure not to pick it up and carry it anywhere because the charcoal will spill on inside. You can also wrap a few pieces of charcoal in a cloth or a plastic bag, and set it in the suitcase. The charcoal will absorb the musty smell out of the suitcase, and will make the suitcase usable again. You can then use the charcoal on your grill.
- If you have any old newspapers lying around, crumple them up and put them in the suitcase for 3-5 days. Newspaper is an odor absorbent material that will get the musty smell out of your suitcase. Change the newspaper every two days until the odor is gone.
- Consider spraying your suitcase with a solution mix of 1/2 vinegar & 1/2 water. Then put into direct sunlight for an hour or longer depending on the odor's strength.
- Sprinkle baking soda, or put a box of baking soda in your suitcase. This will get the musty smell out in no time.
- Spray the suitcase with Febreze, Lysol, or place a few dryer sheets inside to eliminate the musty smell out of your suitcase. These products are known to eliminate odors, and have odor eater capabilities.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.