How To Get My Girl Back
If your relationship has ended but you still have feelings for her, you may be wondering how to get your girl back. Every couple goes through tough times and hopefully they come out stronger for it. Sometimes though, in the heat of the moment, it's easy to say things you don't mean and you end up losing your girl. If you're willing to put yourself out there, you might be able to get a second chance and win her heart. Following these suggestions could help your girl see that she's important to you and you deserve another chance.
- Say you're sorry. It helps if you're genuinely sorry for anything you might be to blame for. However, even if you feel you're not at fault, she obviously thinks you are. So, say you're sorry and try your best to sound like you mean it. If for no other reason, be sorry that the relationship ended. Give her specific reasons you're sorry, so she knows you're serious. In her mind, if you don't know what you're sorry for, then you're just going to do it again if she gives you a second chance. Try apologizing for being inconsiderate or insensitive. Odds are you may have overlooked, at one time or another, how your words or actions affected her.
- Tell her how much she means to you. Now is not the time to hold back how you feel about her. It can be hard to put emotions into words, so do it the way that's easiest for you. If you can't articulate it in person, try writing her a letter. If you still can't express how much she means to you in a letter, you might try copying down the lyrics to a romantic song and giving it to her. A handwritten note is always better than an email or a text message. This is the time to show her you're making effort and not just taking the easy route.
- Be persistent, but don't become a stalker. Let your girl know every few days that you miss her and you still want to be together. You don't need to text message her or call her every single day to get your message across. Give her time to miss you, too. Demonstrate your desire to get her back by the quality of the words you say to her, rather than the quantity or frequency. Over time, your girl will see that you are still pursuing her, but you haven't turned into the psycho ex-boyfriend who ends up being a stalker.
- Show her you're willing to wait for her. If you want to get your girl back, you need to show her that you're not just going to forget about her after a few days and start dating other people. She needs to see that you want her, and only her, and she might be testing you to see if you'll wait. If you show her that by waiting for her, she'll have no other choice but to believe she's truly important to you. This is especially true if there was a lack of trust in the relationship before the breakup. Take the opportunity to prove that a second chance won't be wasted on you.
- Ask for a second chance. You have to ask your girl to give you another chance. This requires you to put yourself back out there and risk it all—but without risk there can be no gain. Keep in mind you're asking her to put her heart on the line again too. When asking her to get back together with you tell her how she makes you feel. Remind her that she's special to you and that if she gives you another chance you'll make sure you don't hurt her again. Hopefully by the time you ask for another chance you'll have proven to her how valuable she is to you and she'll know that no other guy could want her as much as you do.