How to Get a Nightclub Liquor License in NYC
If you are opening a NYC nightclub, knowing how to get a nightclub liquor license in NYC is a necessity. Obtaining a nightclub liquor license in NYC is a smooth process, as long as you follow the proper steps. Each state has their own set of requirements for a liquor license. Laws vary from state to state. Follow the laws or you will risk losing your license.
In order to obtain a nightclub liquor license in NYC, applicants must meet these requirements:
- A US citizen or permanent resident alien
- Twenty one years of age
- No felonies unless you have a certificate of release
- Must not be a law enforcement officer
- Make sure you meet the criteria listed above. These are the standards and no exceptions are made in New York. Also, be sure your establishment is not located within 200 feet of a place of worship or school. If it is, your application will automatically be denied.
- Visit the New York State Liquor Authority website. You will find the same basic guidelines. There is an application you need to download, print, and complete.
- Fill out the application and include the fee. Do not leave anything blank when applying for a nightclub liquor license in NYC. You need to determine which zone you are located in. You must submit the application to the zone your establishment is in.
- Return to the New York State Liquor Authority website to check the status of your application. Once your application is approved, you will receive your license in the mail along with a letter to inform you that your license is active.