How To Get Odor Out Of Laundry
If you want to learn how to get odor out of laundry, there are some simple steps to take. Getting odor out of laundry may depend on the type of clothing and how strong the odor is. You may want to wash the item separately from the rest of your clothing to give it a thorough cleaning.
You will need:
- Washing machine
- Scented laundry detergent
- Fabric softener for the washer and dryer
- Use a scented laundry detergent. This can be either the liquid type of laundry detergent or the powdered kind. There are many scented detergents, so choose a scent that you like and see if it helps cure the problem. Make sure to use the right amount of detergent in the washing machine when you are trying to get odor out of laundry.
- Try using fabric softener in the washing machine. Follow the instructions on the container to add the appropriate amount of fabric softener to the washing machine. Make sure that you use a scented fabric softener, which will help you to get odor out of laundry.
- You can also use a fabric softener dryer sheet. Buy a box of dryer sheets, then add one of the sheets to the next load of laundry you dry. If you normally remove shirts and pants from the dryer before they are completely dry, you may still have a problem with odor. Change the setting on the dryer to cool, and leave the clothes in for a little longer. They will not dry all the way, but this gives the dryer sheet a chance to work some magic on the odor. Remove the clothes then hang them up in the way you usually do to let them finish air drying.
- Check your washing machine. Your odor problem may be coming from the washing machine itself. Clean the inside of the washer with a mildew remover or other cleaning chemical. Before you add any laundry to the washer, run at least one full cycle with nothing inside it, to remove any excess chemicals left over from the cleansing agent.