How To Get Online With Wii Nyko Adapter
Getting online with the Wii Nyko Adapter is a simple process, and using one is often faster and more reliable than using a wireless connection. So just follow these simple steps and you’ll be playing games and messaging friends in no time.
To begin with, you will need the following items:
- Wii Nyko Adapter
- Cat-5 cable
- Router (optional)
- Connect Nyko Adapter to Wii. Turn off your Nintendo Wii by holding the power button until the LED light turns red. Next, plug the Nyko Adapter into the one of the free USB slots on the rear of the Wii (there are a total of two). Let the Nyko Adapter hang freely from behind your Wii.
- Connect Cat-5 cable to Nyko Adapter. Once the Nyko Adapter is connected to you Wii, plug a Cat-5 cable into its Ethernet Port. You should hear a “click”, indicating that it is locked in place.
- Connect Cat-5 to modem/router. Plug the other end of the Cat-5 cable into your modem. Alternatively, if you have a home network you can plug the cable into one of your router’s free ports.
- Configure Wii. Turn on your Wii by pressing the power button. Navigate to the options menu and choose “Wii Settings”. Next, from the settings menu choose “Internet” (on the second page), and then choose “Connection Settings”. This will bring up a list of your Wii’s current connections. If you are not using the Wii built-in Wifi this screen will show three empty connections. Select “Connection None” and then choose “Wired”. A prompt will appear asking if you would like to “Initialize Connection Test”. Choose “OK” and your Wii will begin testing your connection. If everything is assembled correctly your Wii should connect to the Internet during this test. When the test is completed you will be prompted to update your Wii. Choose “Yes” and wait until it has finished updating. Your Wii will restart when it has completed the update process.
- Test it out. Once your Wii has restarted you are ready to test the connection. On the first screen click on the shopping, news, or weather channel. You Wii should connect automatically and then display a welcome screen.