How To Get Over A Break Up
Learning how to get over a break up is different for different people. Some guys get over a break up by immediately jumping back into the dating pool. Other men get over a break up by totally submersing themselves in work or the strip club (which can be a job in of itself). No matter how you do it, getting over a break up centers around one thing and one thing only. Acceptance. The only way to truly get over a break up is to accept the fact that you two weren’t right for each other anymore. People are constantly growing, and a break up usually occurs when you and your partner grow apart. Now, some breakups can be civil, while others can feel like an uphill battle through hell. But, the one constant in all breakups is the fact that you and your mate’s respective world views have changed. Realizing this will help you to move on. Here’s the best way to get over a break up.
- Your rebirth. Whether you want to admit it or not, you change once you enter a relationship. “I” becomes “we”. What’s mine is yours and vice versa. When you breakup, you’re suddenly thrust back into the “I” position. Embrace this time as a chance to rediscover yourself. This is a time for self improvement.
- Getting to know you. If you want to get over a breakup, a sure fire way is to go back to doing the things you like to do. Follow your passions. Do activities that you love. Rediscover the guy that you were before her. Here’s a hint, doing stuff you love to do not only fortifies who you are, but can actually open your eyes to new women with similar interests. So get out there and find yourself.
- Try new things. When you’re tied down to somebody your life develops routine. It’s natural, and there’s nothing wrong with that. When you’re single, the only routine you have to uphold is your own. So get rid of routine and try new stuff. Remember you’re reborn. You have no ties, no obligations to anyone else, so let loose and explore new activities. Who knows, you might find something else you love to do. Oh, and this also exposes you to new people… More importantly new women.
- Enjoy being single. Accepting that you’re single and actually trying to enjoy this new state of being will help you get over a break up. Realize that you’d rather be single then deal with a woman that’s incompatible with you. Seriously, that’s all she was. Yeah you cared about her, blah blah blah. But the truth is, you guys weren’t compatible. If you were, you wouldn’t be reading this article now.
- New and improved you. Take enough time as a single guy. Let all the past emotions and feelings for you ex totally flush out of your system. You may think that you’ll never get over her, but you will. Focus on improving yourself. Learn from the breakup so you can be ready for future relationships. You’ll be back and socially stronger than you were before.