You've broken up and now it's time to learn how to get over the love of your life. Break ups are never easy and getting over the love of your life may prove particularly difficult. You've got to keep in mind that if it didn't work out between you and a person, she's most likely not the love of your life.
- Stop thinking of her as the love of your life. If you need to, call her and ask her to tell you for certain that things are over. Don't be super-persistent doing so, ask her politely to let you know for certain that she doesn't love you anymore. Most likely, she'll tell you she doesn't just so you will go away.
- Get rid of anything that reminds you of her. Throw out or mail back to her any stuff she left behind or any presents she gave you. If you left stuff at her house, let it go. You can always get a new toothbrush or pair of shoes.
- Focus on her bad qualities. Remember how she used to snore every night? Or how she used to leave hair in the bottom of the shower drain? Help yourself get over the love of your life by thinking only of the gross little things you used to ignore.
- Don't go places you used to go as a couple. You may run into the former love of your life there, or you may shake up some old, good memories and fall back to square one. You also don't want to run the risk of running into any of her friends, at least until you are sure you're over her.
- Give yourself time. Don't rush into another relationship right away or else you may look for your old love in your new love, which can damage even a healthy relationship. Spend a few months or a year getting over your love.
- When you are ready, get back out there. Spend time with a group of your guy friends and let them know you're on the market again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.