So, the divorce is final and now you're wondering how to get over your ex wife? Should you take some time to yourself or jump right back into the dating game? Are there effective strategies to help you stop thinking about her and start thinking about you? So long as you have the necessary motivation and discipline, then getting over your ex wife is very doable.
Among the most important things to consider is that divorce has been shown to have a lasting, long-term impact on your health.
- Have a 20% greater chance of having heart disease, cancer, diabetes, or other chronic health problems.
- Have a 23% greater chance of having mobility issues, including difficulty walking for short distances or climbing stairs.
- Even those who remarried had a 12% greater chance of chronic health problems
- Those who remarried also had a 19% greater likelihood of mobility issues.
- Remain in good health and be aware of the potential negative impact upon your health. You don't want to become a statistic while dealing with the stress of getting over your ex wife. Exercise regularly, both strength training and PC, in order to remain fit. Eat right because good nutrition will help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid any chronic health conditions that may result from a poor diet. Don't let yourself go! Do renew your commitment to a healthy lifestyle!
- Manage your stress; don't let it manage you! Getting over your ex wife is going to be difficult. Too much stress can have an insidious impact upon your physical health and it will take a mental toll as well. If you find that your stress is too high and you don't know what to do, try the following: Maintain a positive attitude. Learn relaxation techniques. Eat right. Exercise regularly. Accept that some things are beyond your control. Spend time with family or friends. Connect emotionally with your loved ones. Avoid using alcohol or drugs as a means of escape. Get plenty of rest. Learn time management techniques. Take a vacation.
- Meet someone new and move on. This is the final and best step to getting over your ex wife. When the time comes, resume dating in order to meet someone new and special. However, beware of dating on the rebound! It is easy to wind up in a rebound relationship if you date too soon, especially if you weren't ready yet. Ease back into dating. Begin with activities such as sports, parties or places where people gather socially without romance being the primary objective. This will allow you to meet new people without any pressure or expectations. Remember, you're not ready to be with someone else until you're comfortable being alone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...