Removing paint stains is usually a difficult task, and it is nice to know how to get paint out of clothes so you do not have to get rid of clothes unnecessarily. Since with some work and time, you can successfully remove paint out of your clothes.
Things you need to get paint out of your clothes:
- Hairspray or Isopropyl Alcohol
- Knife or tweezer
- Hard brush or toothbrush
- Get your hairspray any hair spray will do or use Isopropyl alcohol. Spray on the painted area until saturated. Place the clothing on a flat surface and let the spray soak for approximately one hour.
- Take a knife or a tweezer and pull the paint of your clothing gently. Pulling the material roughly will damage the material.
- Use a brush and brush off any remaining paint. If this does not remove all the paint on your clothing, repeat the steps until all the paint is gone.
- Wash your clothing using warm water. The washing should remove any remaining paint but if not wash your clothing again.
- Dry your clothing and you now have your clothing ready to wear again.
For tough paint stains that do not work with treatment mentioned above, you can try this method.
- Scrape off as much paint as possible from your clothing with a tweezer or a knife. Then, immerse a sponge in turpentine and dab the sponge on the stained clothing. This process will eliminate the paint stains, but will leave an oily residue on your garment.
- Remove the oily residue from your clothing. Take an absorbent paper towel and place it on both sides of your garment, and take a hot iron and iron the garment over the stained area. You may also choose to rub the area with a liquid mixture of one cup lukewarm water and a teaspoon of detergent.
- Rinse your clothing using cool water, and the stain and oil should be gone.
Make sure all the stains are out before you dry your clothing because the stains will set in the clothing if any remains. Clothing that has small painted stains usually are removable by saturating dish detergent on the stained area and soaking for a few minutes and washing. So, try any of these methods if you have paint stains on your clothing. Additionally, wear a mask if you use the turpentine method because it has a strong odor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!