Even if you weren't born with gorgeous pearly whites, you can learn how to get perfect teeth with the right cosmetic procedures. There are techniques available that do more than just whiten the teeth or make them straight. Today there are choices available that definitely give the appearance of perfect teeth, but they can come with a hefty price tag. Unfortunately, dental insurance usually pays very little toward cosmetic dental procedures. But with enough cash in pocket, you can certainly learn how to get perfect teeth that will get you ready for your close-up.
- See your dentist twice a year to have your teeth cleaned and for oral check ups. Without good oral hygiene and a healthy mouth, it really doesn't matter how perfect your teeth look.
- Have your teeth professionally whitened. This is most common cosmetic dental procedure performed. If you drink a lot of coffee, tea or wine, a professional whitening can greatly reduce the appearance of surface stains on teeth. The bleaching procedure can be done in the dentist's office or she can send you home with a whitening kit that will work better than bleaching kits available over the counter.
- Get silver fillings replaced with white fillings. The silver fillings will be replaced with unobtrusive white porcelain or a composite material.
- It's never too late to get your teeth straightened. If you don't desire going through the process of full mouth metal braces, try the popular clear braces that are almost invisible. These braces can be removed at home to brush, floss or even to eat. But they should be worn for at least twenty hours per day. You will get a series of braces that fit differently over the course of the treatment. The braces will slowly change the alignment of the teeth.
- Dental veneers can totally change the look of your teeth. Cracked, chipped, excessively worn or stained teeth that don't respond to bleaching can look as white and smooth as you'd like. Porcelain veneers are adhered to the fronts of your teeth and can even be used to make the teeth appear to be shaped different or fill in gaps. As long as the teeth being covered are healthy, this procedure demonstrates how to get perfect teeth. But they come with a premium price tag that costs more than a thousand bucks per tooth, depending on your location.
- Dental implants are the next best thing to real teeth. These are not your grandparents dentures. If teeth are missing for any reason, dental implants can be used to fill in gaps or entire rows of teeth. The only time dental implants cannot be used is if severe bone loss has occurred from periodontal disease or oral cancer. Metal screws must be placed into the bone and these act as root replacements for the teeth implants. Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent and no one ever has to know.
Now that you know how to get perfect teeth, finding a dentist that you trust is important. Proper care is essential to keep your perfect teeth gorgeous and for overall good health.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.