How To Get A Personalized Pocket Watch
Learn about how to get a personalized pocket watch so you can give a one of a kind gift to a loved one or just to buy for yourself. Any gift that is personalized is special. It means the giver took the time to select the gift then to get it personalized. The pocket watch itself can already be personalized if it exactly suits the recipient. Another way to personalize a pocket watch is to get it engraved.
To get a personalized pocket watch, you will need:
- Style of pocket watch to purchase
- Sentiment to engrave
- Jewelry store to engrave the pocket watch
- Several days or more to allow for personalization
- Decide what kind of pocket watch. Determine what the person you will give the pocket watch to likes. Consider their job, hobbies and lifestyle. If the person likes trains, a pocket watch with a train motif might be an option. A more decorative floral motif might work for someone who is traditional and on the formal side.
- Write what you want to have engraved on the pocket watch. When giving a personalized pocket watch as a gift, remember that the words will last forever on the pocket watch. Choose something appropriate that relates to your relationship to the recipient or that tells how you feel about the person. Another option is to add their name and the dates of the work history, for example.
- Choose the pocket watch. Make the pocket watch selection based on careful thought and the style of watch that you think the person, even if that's you, will enjoy carrying for years to come.
- Get the pocket watch personalized. Choose a jewelry store or other business that specializes in personalizing pocket watches. Ask to see their work to ensure the quality is to your standards. Allow enough time to get the watch engraved.