How to Get a Prepaid Credit Card
Learning how to get a prepaid credit card is simple. All you need to do is research online, go to any pharmacy, or grocery store in your town and ask the cashier if they offer prepaid credit cards. A lot of the times, you will see a sign or a section in the store where the cards are located.
- Locate a retail store that offers prepaid credit cards. Many retail stores, such as pharmacies, grocery stores, and convenience stores offer credit cards. Go to the section of the retail store where they have credit cards. Some places, you will need to fill out an application.
- Find out how much it cost to apply for a prepaid credit card. Some credit cards will require you to pay to apply for a credit card. For example, one pharmacy may charge $4.95 and at another store, it may be free.
- Read the fine print. When you purchase a prepaid credit card, find out if their are any hidden fees for using the credit card. For instance, you may be charged a dollar every time you use the card.
- Purchase the credit card. Take the credit card to the register with the amount of money that you want to put on the credit card. The money is instantly placed on your card.
- Be patient. When purchasing at some major retail pharmacies it may take up to an hour for the prepaid credit card to be ready to use. In most cases, the money is ready to be used as soon as you leave the retailer.