How To Get Retirement Pension From Tandy Corp

Tandy Corporation is now Radio Shack, Inc., but the process for collecting your retirement pension from Tandy Corporation is the same as for Radio Shack.

Radio Shack has two retirement plans. One is a 401K plan, where employees who are not executives make contributions to investment plans of their choosing. These plans are immediately vested, which means that an employee does not have to wait a certain number of years before he is even eligible to withdraw the funds in his retirement pension from Tandy Corporation (now Radio Shack.)

The other retirement plan is called a Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (SERP). The retirement pension from Tandy Corporation (Radio Shack) that is generated from this particular plan is available only to certain executive employees.

In order to collect your retirement pension from Tandy Corporation (Radio Shack) you must first determine the retirement plan in which you participate. A 401K plan pays dividends at certain intervals, and you do not have to even be close to retirement in order to receive these dividends. In fact, you have several choices. You can elect to roll them over to other investment opportunities, re-invest in the same ones that you already have funds in, or even pull out some or all of the money. If you do the latter, you may have to pay taxes, unless you immediately re-invest it or put it into a savings account.

If you have the SERP plans, the amount of retirement pension from Tandy Corporation (Radio Shack) will vary depending on your age at the time of your retirement. A certain formula is used to calculate this amount.

In order to apply for retirement pension from Tandy Corporation (Radio Shack) both regular employees and executives must secure the necessary forms from the Human Resources Department of RadioShack Corporation. The mailing address to do so is 300 RadioShack Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Stock information and forms to transfer or change stock portfolio information, for those with 401K plans, are handled through Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Shareowner Services, 161 North Concord Exchange, South St. Paul, MN 55075.

show comments

What Others Are Reading Right Now.