How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
Do you want to get rid of acne scars? They can be very ugly and embarrassing. Acne scars are caused when you pop or squeeze a pimple and they generally fade over time. You may not be able to completely get rid of acne scars, but here are some ways that you can make them fade a little more quickly:
- The first step is to use a facial scrub to slough off the top few layers of skin. When you pop or squeeze a pimple, you will get a permanent mark in that area. The deeper you have peeled the skin, the deeper the mark will be, so the more layers of skin you will need to exfoliate in order to get rid of your acne scars.
- Next, you will need some fresh lemon juice. To help fade or get rid of acne scars, dip a cotton ball in the lemon juice and pat it on your face (you may dilute the juice in water if it’s irritating). Let dry fifteen to twenty minutes and then wash your face. Do this at least four times a week to help get rid of your scars.
- Then prepare a paste with sandalwood powder and rose water. Add two to four drops of lemon juice to it. Apply the paste to your entire face and any other affected areas and let it dry. Rinse and repeat regularly to get rid of your acne scars for good.
- Another option is to buy over-the-counter scar-fading treatments from your local pharmacy. Apply as directed to get rid of acne scars. Use along with other scar-fading methods for the best results.
- Finally, apply a face moisturizing cream with built-in sunscreen. No, this will not help get rid of acne scars, but it will prevent the sun from making your acne scars more obvious.
Also, note that-if nothing else is helping-there are also surgical procedures that will help you get rid of acne scars. Collagen injections improve the look of scars, dermabrasion removes skin to get rid of the scars, and laser resurfacing also removes the top layer of skin.