How To Get Rid Of Acne
Learning how to get rid of acne can sometimes feel like an uphill battle. But by using the right products, getting regular exercise, preventing further irritation of the skin, and seeking medical help when needed, acne breakouts can be effectively treated.
To get rid of acne you will need:
- Product containing benzoyl peroxide
- Product containing salicylic acid
- Antibiotics and prescription topical medications (for severe acne)
- Keep your hands off of your face to get rid of acne. The hands harbor harmful dirt and bacteria that can transfer to the skin and worsen inflammation and infections. Popping zits is also a bad idea; this can make matters worse by leaving ghastly acne scars behind.
- Use cleansers and creams that contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to get rid of acne. Benzoyl peroxide kills the bacteria responsible for acne breakouts, and salicylic acid helps the skin shed dead cells, which makes the pores easier to clean. Products that contain these ingredients can be purchased over the counter at any drug store.
Visit a dermatologist to get oral antibiotics or a stronger topical medication to get rid of acne that is severe or persistent.
Exercise at least 30-minutes, five days a week to get rid of acne. Working up a sweat slows down the production of oil in the sebum and prevents clogged pores. Regular exercise also manages stress levels and stabilizes the hormone fluctuations linked to acne breakouts.
- Switch to products labeled “Noncomedogenic” or “Water-based” to get rid of acne breakouts. Using the wrong types of face washes, lotions or sunblocks can worsen pimply skin by clogging pores and causing allergic reactions.