It's in the afterglow of sex that you realize your lower back is killing you, and you wonder how to get rid of back pain after sex. Perhaps you have strained a muscle or sprained a ligament. The pain is excruciating, and it is limiting your flexibility and range of motion. What are you going to do in order to get rid of your back pain following sex?
In order to treat your back pain, there are certain treatments you may choose to pursue. Back pain usually does not heal overnight and so may require time and patience for the entire healing process. Presuming that you wish to try and treat your back pain at home, here are some home remedies for getting rid of lower back pain.
- Rest/relaxation. If you hurt your back during intercourse, then all you may require is rest and relaxation to promote healing. The majority of individuals with back pain experience relief following a few weeks of relaxation. Bed rest for a short period of time is acceptable, however, it is not a good idea to remain immobile for too long. Muscles will atrophy and the pain could become worse.
- Over the counter medications. Anti-inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen or naxopren may alleviate the worst of your back pain while you are healing. Be sure to follow the directions included in the packaging. If non-prescription pain killers are not working to relieve your symptoms then speak with your doctor about obtaining a more powerful prescription pain killer or muscle relaxant.
- Physical therapy. Even without going to see a physical therapist, there are certain remedies that you can safely attempt at home to treat your back pain. Alternate the use of hot packs and cold packs in order to reduce swelling and pain. Always be sure to use a protective barrier such as a towel between the hot/cold pack and bare skin. Regular stretching exercises will also improve flexibility, promote stronger muscles, and improve posture. Use stretching exercises to prevent future reoccurrence of back pain.
- Herbal supplements. Back pain may be treatable through the use of certain herbal supplements which have been shown to have a salubrious effect upon the injured muscles of the back. Although the evidence is anecdotal, the following herbs may be useful for treating back pain: Devil's Claw (taken orally), Willow bark (taken orally), and Capsicum (applied topically).
- Massage. Of course, massage will require the assistance of a friend, family member, or partner who is willing to work over the muscles in your injured back. Massage is especially effective for relieving back pain when the pain is caused by tense, overworked muscles. A good massage will help loosen muscles and work out knots, allowing your back an opportunity to heal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!