There are a number of ways to get rid of a bad taste in your mouth. This annoying problem can be caused by actual halitosis or dental problems, the ailments periodontitis or gingivitis, reflux disease, heartburn, poor oral hygiene, a side effect of a medication you are taking, or a number of other reasons.
The important thing that you care about is how to remedy this distasteful situation.
- Brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Brush twice a day to avoid formation of plaque, which may be adding to that taste.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your toothbrush to neutralize the acid, which leaves a cleaner taste.
- Rinse your mouth with a solution of 8 ounces of water and a teaspoon of salt or 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Floss regularly to dislodge bits of food that have stuck to your gums and teeth.
- Drink lots of water because a dry mouth can be a smelly mouth.
- Chewing gum stimulates saliva production. Use a gum sweetened with xylitol, a sugar substitute that keeps bacteria from multiplying .
- Small amounts of cinnamon or cloves gives temporary relief.
- Lemonade, citrus juices, and foods marinated in vinegar usually will break through the taste and help produce saliva to help wash away the taste. A diet of mostly fruits and vegetables will aid with halitosis as well as the bad taste.
- If the bad taste is caused by a medication (and you can see if that is listed as one of the side effects), ask your doctor to prescribe something else or read the labels carefully on over-the-counter choices.
- If you are on a low-carb diet, the body is breaking down fats instead of carbs for energy. But this creates ketones. which smell bad. Eat fruits like apples or bananas which are naturally rich in carbs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.