Wondering how to get rid of bags under eyes? Those who suffer from dark circles and bags under the eyes know how frustrating it can be to try to cover up and get rid of them, and for some individuals, these annoying bags never seem to go away no matter how much sleep they've had. Bags under the eyes can be caused by numerous factors such as age, stress, and lack of sleep. Luckily, there are ways to get rid of unsightly bags under the eyes for those who suffer from them. Ready to get rid of those ugly and annoying bags under your eyes? Keep reading.
To get rid of bags under the eyes, you will need to following tools:
- Clean washcloth
- Cool water
- Chilled green tea bags
- Get enough sleep. The ideal amount of sleep for most adults is between seven and eight hours a night. Sleeping less than this can result in numerous health problems, and can also cause dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Use a cold compress on the eyes. This is an excellent way to get rid of under eye bags temporarily. Simply take a clean washcloth and wet it with cool water, and apply the washcloth to the skin and problem areas using a small amount of pressure. Do not push too hard, and be sure to treat the eye area gently. Do this for approximately ten to fifteen minutes a day for best results.
- Apply chilled green tea bags to eyes. Using cold green tea bags under the eyes can help reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. For the best results, apply chilled or frozen green tea bags to the under eye areas once daily for about fifteen minutes. Because green tea contains an anti-inflammatory agent, it is great for reducing the appearance of puffiness and preventing under eye bags from developing.
- Avoid allergens when possible. Allergies can cause under eye puffiness and eye irritations, so it is best to avoid all allergens when possible. If you suffer from severe allergies, you may need to begin taking a prescription allergy medication.
- Sleep with head propped up. Sleeping with your head raised to a slight degree will help keep the fluids from gathering in your under eye area where you experience bags and puffiness. It is always better to sleep with the head elevated than flat on the pillow.
- Reduce the amount of stress in your life. Living a stressful life can sometimes irritate the already existing under eye bags, and may even be the cause for them. Try to reduce the amount of stress in your day, if possible. Find time to relax and take care of yourself. Your eyes, and your body, will thank you for it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”