How To Get Rid Of A Computer Virus
A virus can do a lot of damage to a computer, but learning how to get rid of a computer virus is easy. Fortunately, you usually know you’ve been hit by a computer virus if you know the signs to watch out for. If you don’t get rid of the computer virus, it will wreak havoc on your computer. They can do a lot of damage in a short period of time. Below are signs that you have a virus and ways to get rid of them.
- If your computer is running slower than usual or locks up often you may have a computer virus. A computer can crash and/or restart every few minutes if infected by a computer virus. These are just a few of the signs.
- If you don’t have anti-virus software then you need to run a free scan online. There are a lot of free scans online. You can use a search engine to find one. The online scan should find any virus that you have and clean it up for you. Once this finishes, you need to be sure to install virus software so this won’t happen again.
- If you have virus software make sure it is up-to-date then run a full virus scan. Once it finds the virus, make sure it is deleted.
- Sometimes it is a good idea to run the virus scan twice to be sure the computer virus is gone. You can never be too safe when it comes to a computer virus.
- If you are still having problems you might have spyware on your computer. Update and run the spyware software that you have. If you don’t have spyware software, you need to get it. There is a lot of free software on the Internet.
Tips & Warnings:
- Be sure to keep your virus software up-to-date and run scans daily.