Need to know how to get rid of a cough without medicine? Got a terrible cough that you can’t get rid of and nothing to take for it? Believe it or not, you may have just the thing to cure a bad cough right in the heart of your kitchen. There are home remedies that will cure your cough if you don't want to use an over-the-counter or prescription drug. Below you will find tips on how to get rid of a cough without medicine.
- One teaspoon of honey and a pinch of fresh ginger can help get rid of a cough. To get the correct effect, squeeze the ginger juice through a wet cloth. Mix the ginger juice and honey and eat it every two hours.
- A mixture of lemon, honey and onions can help get rid of a cough. Cut up an onion and a lemon and put them in a small saucepan with two tablespoons of honey. Add just enough water to submerge the lemons and onion. Let everything boil and simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour. Drink one cup every two to three hours as needed.
- Drinking ginger root tea is one of the best ways to get rid of a cold or cough. It is a bit spicy, so if you are not into spicy foods this may not be the best remedy for you. Take half an ounce of ginger root to one cup of boiling water. Let the ginger root steep for about ten to fifteen minutes until cool , then drink.
- Drinking grape juice with honey is another beneficial way to get rid of a cough without medicine. Mix the honey into a glass of grape juice, being careful not to add too much.
- Eating grapes regularly can also cure a cough and cold. The grapes act as an expectorant, which helps get rid of the mucus.
Home remedies are said to be one of the safest ways to cure health problems. They get rid of worries about side effects from medications. Next time you have a cough that you just cannot seem to get rid of, try one of the remedies above.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …