Let us guess? You're hacking is annoying everyone in your cubicle farm and you need to know how to get rid of a cough. Figuring out how to get rid of a cough is both simpler and more complicated than you might think. A lot of times, a cough is a symptom of some other condition, so getting rid of the cough will depend on figuring out what’s causing it, and treating that underlying condition. However, in some cases, getting rid of a cough can take less than a minute if you know how to do it.
To get rid of a cough, you will need:
- Throat lozenges
- Cough Drops
- Sinus Rinse
- Water: The Simple Solution. Sometimes, the simplest solutions work best. If you just started to cough for no good reason, drinking some water might be all it takes to get rid of that tickle in your throat. And, hey, drinking plenty of water is good for you anyway.
- Throat Lozenges. Sometimes, a cough is caused by a dry throat. So a good way to get rid of a cough is to suck on some throat lozenges. This will help create enough moisture to relieve your dry throat.
- The Cough Drop Solution. If you’re suffering from a cold, you might need more than a throat lozenge to get rid of a cough. Cough drops can relieve the throat irritation (also known as that hot, tickly, scratchy feeling) a cold can cause, which might be what’s making you cough. Just make sure you read the directions on the cough drops, and don’t use them more often than recommended.
- Humidifier It seems like an obvious solution, right? Dry, scratchy throats are the worst accompaniments of a cough. Get that throat moist (NOT LIKE THAT) with a humidifier. Turn it on before bed and your cough and throught will feel anew in the morn. You should probably not have any hotties over the night you decide to use your dorky little humidifier–it's not really a good look, friend.
- Sinus Rinse Allergies and other factors can cause post-nasal drips that can be responsible for your newfound hackfests. If you find that you're close to coughing up a lung every time you go to bed, a post-nasal drip may be the culprit. Try using a sinus rinse once a day and you may just be able to save that lung.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!