Many people don't realize how debilitating cramps can be for others, and those people that are suffering need to know how to get rid of cramps fast. Since they can come at any time of the day or night, it's good to have a few helpful tips that are both medicinal and natural. Here are a few methods that teach you how to get rid of cramps.
Things you'll need:
- OTC pain pills
- Heating pad, hot water bottle or warm towel
- Access to working out such as a DVD or gym membership
- Heat. Applying heat to the area of the lower abdomen can help relieve some of the cramping since this is the area the cramping originates. While heat alone may not fully relieve cramps, it can help drastically when combined with other remedies such as NSAIDS. A heating pad or specially made products that heat when opened can work wonders but even a heated towel in the microwave is a natural way of helping through heat.
- NSAIDS. NSAIDS are non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and can come in a variety of brands such as Aleve, Advil, and Motrin or a brand specific to menstrual cramping such as Midol. These come in either an ibuprofen form or naproxim sodium form. The good thing about using a NSAID is that typically you may have it already in your home so a trip to the store isn't necessary when cramps start.
- Exercise. While you usually don't want to exercise when you're not feeling your best, exercise can actually aid with cramping because it stimulates endorphins, which are nature's own painkillers. If you are cramping severely, this may not be the optimal time to exercise but if you can do some activity before the pain gets too bad it may help alleviate some of the more harsh symptoms.
These are just a few of the ways to learn how to get rid of cramps properly. If your cramps are very severe, you may want to see your doctor to rule out any factors that may need looking at. Usually, however, you can alleviate some of the symptoms of cramping at home.
That's the big question after news broke that the NFL's new collective bargaining agreement may include a provision to d ...
According to the people who predict these things, the Midwest is about to see some serious heat. Temperatures in the reg ...