How To Get Rid Of Genital Warts At Home
Have you been wondering how to get rid of genital warts at home? Genital warts are not only itchy and painful, they are also very embarrassing. Fortunately, mild cases of genital warts don't require surgery and can be treated at home. If you're interested in learning how to treat your genital warts at home, just follow these few simple steps for relief.
In order to get rid of genital warts at home, you may need to try several different home remedies for removing genital warts. To do this, you will need the following:
- Topical prescription from your doctor (usually Imiquimod or Podofilox)
- Vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tsp. raw mashed garlic
- Essential oils (tea tree oil is common for its cooling properties)
- Aloe vera ointment
- Herbal teas (especially lemon grass, chamomile and green teas)
- Cotton balls and/or cotton swabs
- Small bowl
- Adhesive tape
- Cotton underwear
- Natural detergent
- Prescriptions from the doctor: Because there are other conditions that resemble genital warts, it's important to get this STD diagnosed by your doctor. The human papilloma virus (HPV), which causes genital warts, will always be in your system and you may risk future outbreaks. Once you're diagnosed, however, it's easy to treat mild cases of genital warts at home. In many cases, once the doctor has diagnosed you, he will give you a topical prescription that you can apply at home. This is usually a lotion or gel and you can just follow the directions included.
- Vitamin E and Garlic: Many people swear garlic will kill whatever ails you, and we all know Vitamin E is good for helping the skin heal. Try mashing up 1/2 a teaspoon of raw minced garlic and mixing it in a small bowl, with a teaspoon of Vitamin E, to form a paste. Apply directly to the wart and then seal off from air using adhesive tape. It may take a couple of weeks for results.
- Essential oils: Another popular home remedy for genital warts is to apply essential oils to the skin. This often helps to suffocate the wart and will kill it; plus, products, like the popular tea tree oil, have a cooling effect that helps burning and itching.
- Herbal teas: Some claim that herbal teas, particularly chamomile, lemon grass or green tea, are a good way to get rid of genital warts at home. While drinking the teas may not be as fast as applying medications, teas can help to boost your immune system, which is always a bonus.
- Cotton underwear: While treating your genital warts at home, always be sure to wear cotton underwear, as opposed to synthetic materials. It's also a good idea to ensure you wash them in a gentle, natural detergent. Irritating the skin can cause genital warts to spread, hence why you should pamper your bits with comfortable clothing.
- Aloe vera lotion: There's no documentation about aloe vera being able to help get rid of genital warts, but it will certainly help to ease the burn and itch associated with them. Apply a little lotion directly to the warts, using a cotton swab, for itch relief.
- Good hygiene: Good hygiene is essential to helping get rid of genital warts at home. If you don't keep yourself clean, you risk the spread of more warts (which no one wants), so be sure to practice it, as well as safe sex. There's no guarantee that you won't spread the virus to your partner, but it will reduce the risk to talk with them and to always use a condom when engaging in intercourse.