Need to know how to get rid of hemorrhoids fast? Hemorrhoids can be very painful and uncomfortable. If you ever get them, your main goal will become how to get rid of hemorrhoids fast! Hemorrhoids occur when the veins around the lower rectum and anus become inflamed. They can occur on the inside and outside of the rectum. They are caused by straining too much to have a bowel movement, heavy lifting, sitting for long periods, severe coughing, pregnancy and childbirth. If hemorrhoids have not become too severe, you may be able to treat them by adding fiber to your diet, temporarily using stool softeners, and drinking more water. Add those to a few of the tricks below and you may be able to get rid of your hemorrhoids before they become too serious.
- Shrink hemorrhoids by taking a warm bath for fifteen minutes several times a day. The soaking will help shrink the hemorrhoids and keep the area clean. Hemorrhoids will go away much faster when the rectum area is kept clean.
- Apply hemorrhoid ointment or cream. They are found over-the-counter and are used for external hemorrhoids. These creams will cause blood vessels to constrict helping the hemorrhoids to shrink. Look for a brand which also includes hydrocortisone to relieve itching. Apply as directed after your warm baths and any time you go to the bathroom.
- Buy hydrocortisone suppositories for internal hemorrhoids. They are also available over-the-counter and are inserted into the rectum to give you relief. Store them in the refrigerator to make them easier to insert.
- Use witch hazel to get rid of hemorrhoid. It is a natural astringent which contracts blood vessels. Use cotton balls to apply after using the bathroom. Witch hazel can dry out your skin so make sure you re-apply the hemorrhoid cream to help moisturize.
- Keep medicated hemorrhoid pads with you when you are not at home. Use them after you have had a bowel movement and wiped well. Follow with the medicated pads to help relieve the itch and keep the rectum area clean. After using the pads, reapply the hemorrhoid cream.
- Visit a doctor if hemorrhoids get worse or you do not get any relief from the above methods. The doctor may suggest surgery or laser treatments. Always see a doctor if you see blood in your stool. It may or may not be caused by hemorrhoids.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …