How To Get Rid Of Hiccups
Learn some tips and remedies to get rid of hiccups. To some extent hiccups are a little amusing if you are not the individual suffering from them. For the person putting up with the annoying outburst, it's a real nuisance. Hiccups don't give us any warning they just kind of come on. Hiccups can also come at the worst possible time which is the last thing you need. So here are some ways to get rid of your next case of hiccups should you get stuck with them.
Some things to help you get rid of hiccups:
- Ginger, juice, and or lime
- Peanut butter
- Warm water
- Distracting conversation
- Mixing natural ingredients. Try mixing a teaspoon of ginger made into juice, a little honey, a smidge of pepper, and a touch of lime juice. The concoction isn't going to taste the best, but there is a possibility of getting rid of your hiccups. You only have to lick a little bit off the spoon so it shouldn't be too bad.
- Peanut butter for hiccups. Not everyone knows this next tip. Eat a spoonful of peanut butter and your hiccups will run away. Partially because of the sticky gooeyness of peanut butter. This tip is supposed to work on kids too to get rid of hiccups.
- This was a discussion about something. The idea here is to get so wrapped up into conversation that you forget you had the hiccups at all. This does not work all the time but it definitely works for some.
- Startling the hiccups away. Someone would have to catch you off guard for this. People have been startled and had their hiccups go away. It just startles your breathing pattern back to it's normal rhythm, which is what tip three does too.
Most people do not have the hiccups for very long. Hiccups can last for a few minutes, hours or days. There are more rare cases where hiccups last for a few months. It's the same for kids as it is for adults. Some of the tips above for getting rid of hiccups are a less common and worth trying out. You certainly don't want hiccups when you go on a date or for a job interview and now you won't have to.