If you have ever encountered this common problem, you might be interested to know how to get rid of ingrown pubic hairs. An ingrown hair can occur when the hair curls back and buries itself into the skin while growing. They can be very painful and even get infected. If the area around the ingrown hair is painful and red for more than three days, consult your doctor to make sure it has not become infected. If after following this procedure you continue to frequently get ingrown hairs, you should consult your doctor.
Items needed to get rid of ingrown pubic hairs:
- A hot rag
- Sterilized tweezers
- Heat things up. It is best to attempt getting rid of an ingrown pubic hair after a warm shower because the heat allows the skin to soften. After a shower, apply the warm cloth to the area until it cools.
- Remove the hair. Using the tweezers, gently pull the ingrown hair out. This can be painful. If the hair has not worked through the skin, you may need to reapply the hot rag.
- Apply the antiseptic. After removing the hair, you are still at risk for infection. To reduce the risk of infection, cleanse the area with an antiseptic. You might also try cleaning the area with an antiseptic after shaving to help prevent future ingrown hairs.
- If you continue to get ingrown hairs, you should consult your doctor.
- You can also try an ingrown hair treatment product. Most of these products contain salicylic acid and moisturizer.
As winter keeps our heating bills high, our minds can't help but to wander toward warmer days when we will see the sun, ...
There comes a time in every man's life when he considers going through with it. There is often trepidation, brought on b ...
Notable barbers and hair stylists reveal their secrets for grooming your moustache and keeping your skin healthy. Most c ...