How to get rid of itchy perineum is a question that needs a fast answer. Nothing is more irritating or embarrassing than an itch ‘down there’. The perineum is the area between the scrotum and the anus.
There are many things that can cause itching in the perineum area like not washing thoroughly, an allergic reaction, or even a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. The most common cause of an itchy perineum is an allergic reaction to a substance such as laundry detergent, soap, cologne, dry cleaned clothing, sizing in new unwashed underwear or chemicals. Another common cause is a candida yeast infection. Follow these few steps to rid yourself of an itchy perineum.
To get rid of an itchy perineum you will need:
- Warm water
- Mild soap like glycerin or castile
- Clean washcloth
- Clean towel
- Witch hazel
- Cotton balls
- Vitamin E soft gel tablets or A & D ointment
- Twice a day use warm water and mild soap to thoroughly wash your perineum and surrounding areas.
- Blot dry with a clean towel.
- Apply witch hazel with a cotton ball. Let perineum area dry again.
- Pierce the Vitamin E soft gel with a thumbtack.
- Squeeze out the Vitamin E oil and apply, with fingers, to the perineum area. Witch hazel cleanses and reduces irritation, and Vitamin E oil protects and heals itchy skin.
If you have changed your laundry detergent or soap since your perineum became itchy change back to a previous brand that you used when you did not have the itch.
Avoid wearing synthetic underwear and pants, as they do not ‘breathe’ like cotton or other natural materials. Synthetic materials can cause a yeast infection to begin due to dampness.
Reduce your intake of white sugar, white flour and alcohol. Both yeast and allergies can be made worse by a high consumption of these items.
Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly.
These suggestions should help you to get rid of an itchy perineum; however, if you still have an issue after following these steps consult your doctor for a check up.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.