How to get rid of loose skin after you've lost weight is one of those last bits of knowledge that will make your new body look great. You won't be able to get rid of large amounts without surgery, but, if you just have a bit to tighten up, there are several things you can do at home. Regular healthy habits can help a great deal.
To get rid of loose skin you will need:
- exfoliating creams
- plenty of water
- an exercise ball (optional)
- Use an exfoliating treatment daily. There are several creams that you can purchase at the drug store that contain mild abrasive ingredients to help slough off dead skin. Regular use will help you skin look tighter and fresher, reducing the appearance of loose skin.
- Make sure you wear sunscreen every day. When skin is damaged by sun exposure, it loses elasticity, leading to loose skin. While avoiding sun damage won't reverse loose skin, you can keep it from getting worse.
- Take vitamins that encourage collagen production. Vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C supplements can all help. Just be sure to consult your doctor before taking on a new vitamin regimen.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day will keep your skin looking smoother and more healthy. You'll feel better, too.
- Exercise to keep your abdominal muscles toned. Toned muscles will make the skin look healthier, minimizing the appearance of loose skin. You can use an exercise ball to vary your exercise routine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
Why It’s Still Better to Be Manly Than ‘Nice’
Just trust us. Or better yet, read this story!
16 Fall Style Classics Every Man Should Own
Give layering season an upgrade with these updated standards.