How to get rid of loose skin after you've lost weight is one of those last bits of knowledge that will make your new body look great. You won't be able to get rid of large amounts without surgery, but, if you just have a bit to tighten up, there are several things you can do at home. Regular healthy habits can help a great deal.
To get rid of loose skin you will need:
- exfoliating creams
- plenty of water
- an exercise ball (optional)
- Use an exfoliating treatment daily. There are several creams that you can purchase at the drug store that contain mild abrasive ingredients to help slough off dead skin. Regular use will help you skin look tighter and fresher, reducing the appearance of loose skin.
- Make sure you wear sunscreen every day. When skin is damaged by sun exposure, it loses elasticity, leading to loose skin. While avoiding sun damage won't reverse loose skin, you can keep it from getting worse.
- Take vitamins that encourage collagen production. Vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C supplements can all help. Just be sure to consult your doctor before taking on a new vitamin regimen.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day will keep your skin looking smoother and more healthy. You'll feel better, too.
- Exercise to keep your abdominal muscles toned. Toned muscles will make the skin look healthier, minimizing the appearance of loose skin. You can use an exercise ball to vary your exercise routine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.