If you have pests in your apartment or house, you need to know how to get rid of mice in your house. Mice can be cute little critters when they're in the pet store. They're not so cute when they are unwanted guests in your house. Mice reproduce as many as eight times a year. A litter can contain as many as seven babies. This makes their numbers increase nearly too fast to count if the unwanted mice are not eliminated. To get rid of mice in your house, many factors have to be considered such as keeping food put away and sealing the ways the mice get in from outside.
To get rid of mice in your house, you will need:
- Filler materials such as aluminum foil, caulk, and "Great Stuff" spray
- Plastic or metal containers to seal food
- Look for evidence of mice. Before you begin getting rid of the mice in your house, get a flashlight and inspect your house foundation and around pipes. Any opening is big enough for mice to get in. They can flatten themselves and enter your house in slivers of openings. Look around the outer walls and under sinks for evidence of mice. There will be droppings that look like black grains of rice. To keep mice out of your food, place all cereals, rice, and other grain type products in heavy plastic or metal containers that have lids that seal.
- Seal the entry points. Seal all openings you see with aluminum foil crumpled or a mesh made of wire. Further seal the openings by spraying holes with "Great Stuff" spray or caulk to eliminate the opening entirely. Slice off any large chunks of the spray with a utility knife making it flush with the surface of the wall or outside of the house.
- Kill the mice with poison. Unless you are opposed to killing mice, the best way to get rid of mice is to kill them. There are several options to use. If you have pets like cats, dogs, or ferrets, you may not want to use poison if there is any chance the pets might get to it and eat it. If you do use poison, make a list of where you place it so you can remove it later and dispose of it. Place poison bait around the walls, which is where mice walk. Using poison can cause mice to hide in the walls or elsewhere to die and they have a foul odor as they decompose.
- Use traps. Set traps to get rid of mice. There are several types of traps available including mouse traps and glue traps. Mouse traps are spring loaded and snap on the mouse, killing it. Set several traps at a time since each mouse trap can only kill one mouse at a time. Use glue traps that the mice walk on and get stuck. Put both of these types of traps out of the way of pets so they are not harmed.
- Be diligent. Until you know for sure that there are no more mice, continue using methods that work to get rid of mice in your house. The best indication is that you no longer see mouse droppings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!