How To Get Rid Of Perineum Itching
Learning how to get rid of perineum itching is a high priority when you are suffering. The perineum is the sensitive bit of skin between the base of your penis and your anus. The perineum skin can be easily irritated, and to get rid of itching, you may need to make some lifestyle changes.
You will need:
- natural moisturizers
- Wear looser underwear. If you’re used to wearing skin-tight underwear, you should switch to loose-fitting boxers. This can help your perineum breathe and reduce skin irritation and itching.
- Avoid overheating your perineum. Don’t let the skin of your perineum get too hot. This means staying in a cool temperature. Avoid tight jeans or other constricting clothes. Stick with breathable fabrics in your perineum area, such as cotton, and don’t cross your legs for too long or keep your laptop on your lap. All of these things can overheat your perineum and cause itching.
- Change your cleaning routine. Gently clean the perineum area when you shower and after physical activity that causes you to sweat. Use a soft washcloth and a natural soap with no fragrances, chemicals or abrasive elements. Gentle cleaning can reduce itching and irritation.
- Use a moisturizer. Moisturize the skin on your perineum a few times a day. This will help relieve itching due to dry skin. Don’t, however, apply moisturizer over area that are cut open. Like the soap, use a natural moisturizer with no chemicals or fragrances.
- See a dermatologist. If all else fails, you may need to see a dermatologist to deal with your perineum itching. It could be caused by an allergy or fungus, or you could need to use prescription-strength cortisone cream to relieve the itching of your perineum.