How To Get Rid Of Rash
When you are experiencing uncomfortable skin irritation, how to get rid of the rash is one of the most important questions in your mind. Before you embark on any sort of home treatment, it is important to find out the cause of your rash. Some rashes are caused by infections or reactions to medicines and must be treated by your doctor. However, if you have found that the cause of your rash is not something that requires medical intervention, you can begin treating the discomfort at home. Here are some tips to help you get rid of a rash:
To get rid of a rash you will need:
- hydrocortisone cream
- loose, breathable clothing
- Keep the area clean and dry. Excess moisture can cause irritation that can prolong the rash. Wear loose, breathable clothing made of fibers such as cotton to keep the area from getting sweaty and irritated.
- Take a cool bath. The cool water is soothing, and will rinse away salty sweat that can cause skin irritation and prolong the rash.
- Apply hydrocortisone cream. The cream can help with itching and help speed healing. You can buy the cream at any drugstore.
- Take an oatmeal bath. There is no need to buy special bath mixes in the store. Simply grind a cup of oatmeal in a blender, then add the powder to your bath water. The oatmeal can help soothe the itching caused by a rash.
Tips: Don't scratch! Scratching will irritate the area more, and can even lead to an infection. If the rash does not clear up on its own within a week or so, talk to your doctor. To avoid developing rashes again in the future, try to avoid whatever irritants like perfumed soaps and scented laundry detergent.