If you have ever suffered from pubic irritation from shaving, you will want to learn how to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area. Men and women can get a case of razor bumps and this condition can range from mild to severe. In addition, razor bumps can cause significant redness, discomfort and inflammation. If you are not careful when you shave over existing razor bumps, you could further damage your already irritated pubic area. If you want to get rid of your razor bumps in the pubic area, review these steps to learn how.
Things you will need to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area:
- Warm compress
- Lubricating shaving gel
- Witch Hazel
- Loofah sponge
- Sharp razor
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Apply warm compresses. For ten minutes a few times per day, apply a warm compress to get rid of razor bumps in the pubic area fast. The compress will not only soothe the area, it will help reduce swelling and irritation. In addition, by using a clean washcloth with your warm water and patting the area gently, you may even reduce bacteria in the area, which can exacerbate razor bumps.
- Liberally apply lubricating shaving gel before starting to shave. When you want to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area, make sure you do everything to keep your skin lubricated and irritation free. By further irritating your existing razor bumps, they will not heal as fast.
- Clean the affected area with Witch Hazel astringent. This will not only reduce bacteria when you want to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area, but will sooth irritated tissues and possibly prevent and infection.
- Exfoliate your pubic area once a week with a loofah sponge. When you need to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area, exfoliating dead cells can smooth you skin, making shaving easier next time and discouraging the development of razor bumps.
- Use a sharp razor when shaving. If you shave with an old or dull razor, it will be more difficult to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area. A dull razor will pull your already irritated skin and possibly cause ingrown hairs. In addition, old razors can carry significant amounts of bacteria, which can be transferred to your existing razor bumps and delay healing.
- Try hydrocortisone cream. This cream can be applied to your razor bumps and pubic are to reduce swelling and discomfort. If you really need to get rid of razor bumps fast in the pubic area, apply the cream as directed and you may find that the cream even reduces itching, which can aggravate razor bumps as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …