Learning how to remove red skin is pretty easy. There are lots of causes for red skin, but the primary problem is inflammation. Inflammation can be caused by a variety of factors, so without the guidance of a dermatologist, you might never know what the true cause is. There are things you can do at home to remove redness from skin. The best thing you can do is use skin treatments that are soothing and have anti-inflammatory qualities.
In order to remove red skin you will need
- Eye Drops for Redness
- Aloe Vera
- Hydrocortisone cream
In order to treat red skin you will need to:
- First try to determine the cause. If you have really dry skin, the redness could be caused by dryness. Dryness irritates your skin and may cause inflammation. In this case you might want to take an oatmeal bath. A simple way to do this is to take about a cup of oatmeal and pour into a clean sock. Take a bath with the sock filled with oatmeal. This can really help remove redness and sooth irritations.
- If the redness is caused by an insect bite or rash, use hydrocortisone cream to reduce the inflammation. This will also help you stop scratching the area. Hydrocortisone cream will reduce the redness because it has a small amount of steroids that are great for reducing redness.
- Pimples can also cause red skin. A simple way to soothe a pimple is to place some eye drops for redness on a cotton ball and apply to the pimple. This will help the pimple become less irritated and help the redness. Eye drops that are formulated for removing redness in your eyes also have anti-inflammatory qualities. The easiest way to make a pimple less obvious is to just apply some eye drops directly to the pimple.
- Sunburns or excessive sun exposure can make your skin very red. Applying some cool aloe vera to the skin can bring down inflammation and soothe your burned skin. Aloe vera is very soothing and is a common and effective treatment for red skin.
- Anti-inflammatories should be used if your skin is very red and painful. These can help bring down inflammation and redness. Within an hour your skin will be much less inflamed. Ibuprofen can help your skin become less red by relieving the pain and inflammation. This should only be when skin is very painful.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.