Need to know how to get rid of a ringworm? A fungal infection that is easily spread between humans and even from animal to human, ringworm manifests as small, red rings on the skin. This fungus prefers a warm, moist environment, which is why it often thrives where there is little air circulation such as near the groin and on the back of the legs. Find out how to get rid of ringworm naturally with these simple guidelines.
- Eat a healthy diet. Like bacterial and viral infections, fungal infections thrive on a body that has a weak immune system. To get rid of ringworm, make sure you are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, yogurt, and lean proteins.
- Supplement with garlic. Garlic has natural antimicrobial properties which are useful for killing and deterring fungus, as well as bacteria and viruses. Eat fresh raw garlic, cook with it, or take supplements two to three times a day.
- Drink pau d'arco tea. This herb has anti-fungal properties. Make a tea with the dried herb by infusing one cup of boiling water with one to two teaspoons of dried pau d'arco. Drink three times daily to help get rid of even the worst cases of ringworm.
- Treat with colloidal silver. Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic that can safely be used to kill over 600 different microorganisms. Apply to the skin where the ringworm is with a clean cloth or cotton ball.
- Use tea tree oil. Dab on the skin two to three times a day to get rid of ringworm. This is a strong anti-fungal agent.
Use these tips to get rid of ringworm as soon as you notice an infection or even if you think you could have come into contact with the fungus. Ringworm is irritating and embarrassing, but it can be easily dealt with.