How To Get Rid Of A Scab On Your Lip
Learning how to get rid of a scab on your lip is necessary if you cut your lip and get a scab on it. Whenever your body is cut, a scab forms to keep the cut from getting infected, while new, healthy skin grows underneath. Once the healthy skin forms, the scab will fall off by itself. It is very important that you take care of the scab so that you can get rid of it as soon as possible.
You will need the following items to get rid of a scab on your lip:
- Facial soap
- Antibacterial cream
Follow these steps to get rid of a scab on your lip:
- Keep your scab clean. You will need to wash it once per day. If you get any food or drink on your scab, you will want to wash it again. Allowing dirt to remain on the scab can cause an infection.
- Wet a cloth with warm water and add a drip of facial soap. Gently pat this over the scab.
- Rinse the soap off of the scab by splashing a bit of warm water on it. You can blot it dry with a towel, but don't rub.
- Place a dab of antibacterial cream, such as Neosporin, on the tip of your pointer finger. Rub this in to your scab twice per day. This will keep your scab from becoming infected, and will get rid of it faster. It will also prevent scarring.
- Wait for the scab to fall off.
Don't pick the scab. If you do, a new scab will have to form in its place. It will then lengthen the amount of time you have a scab on your lip.