If you've been attacked by these tiny vicious vampires, you'll want to know how to get rid of scabs made by fleas. Flea bites can cause irritation and itching, which can, in turn, cause you to scratch your skin raw enough for it to scab up.
There are a few things you may need to get rid of the scabs:
- cortisone lotion
- antibiotic ointment
These are some steps you can take to get rid of scabs from flea bites:
- Don't scratch. It can be tempting, but it will only delay healing. Scratching is what caused the scabs made by the flea bites in the first place, by scraping the area raw. Scratching also introduces bacteria, and can prolong healing time or cause infection. The more you can leave the area alone, the sooner you will be rid of scabs made by flea bites.
- Try taking an antihistamine. This will cut down on the itching and swelling. The reduced inflammation gives your skin cells a chance to replace themselves.
- Try applying cortisone lotion. While it won't heal the bite, it will help control itching, to help you keep from scratching. The moisture in the lotion also helps keep the scab from drying out.
- An antibiotic ointment can keep the area free of bacteria, which can speed up healing. As with the cortisone cream, the moisture in the ointment prevents the scabs from drying and cracking. To keep the ointment from getting on your clothes, try applying at night before going to bed.
- Whatever you do, do not try to remove or pick off the scabs. They are there to protect your body while the new skin grows. If a scab comes off too soon, the skin underneath may not be healed. At best, you'll just get another, larger and uglier, scab. At worst, you can cause an infection.
Many people are creeped out when they see insects during their travails in forest areas and woods, while other are fasci ...
The man of today has to look his best. Years ago, that meant a sharp suit and a nice haircut, but nowadays we men have t ...
Chances are you read the title of this article and asked yourself, “Why would I need to use six lotions on my face if wo ...